Wednesday, October 22, 2008

We Rock! Or rather Happy B-day to me.

As I grow older, I become more and more fascinated with video games. When Jeremy bought his Playstation 2, I thought it was a bit juvenile, but a few months ago I almost bought a Wii. I think it looks like the coolest thing ever and I can imagine myself spending endless hours playing at home. Who doesn't have that kind of time?

My beloved, sensing my growing immaturity, got me the best birthday present ever. Rock Band! It really does rock! Jeremy shreds the guitar while I pound on drums and we giggle the entire time.

Last night a friend of ours stayed here while in town on business. I wondered how we would get him to agree to play until he saw the drums and immediately lit up. Thus, a true band was born. The three of us rotated instruments--2 songs on each instrument (guitar, drums, and vocals).

Our friend has a deep, resonating voice and when he stays here, his timbre echoes through the walls. He uses a lot of "dudes" in his vocabulary and he talks to you as loud as he would if you were across a football field from him. His singing was the exact opposite...a slight whisper with a high pitch that you would expect from an 8 year old girl named Mary Alice. When I first heard him sing, I laughed so hard that the drumstick fell out of my hand and we all got booed off the stage.

If you ever want to have the most fun ever, call me up and we'll jam! I think this is a true instance of a gift that keeps giving. Rock on, my friends.

No comments: