Monday, October 20, 2008

We're BAAAAACK!

So, the week-long trip, which I like to call the visit to LaLa Land, is over.

The first leg brought us to Port Aransas, TX where gas is $2.40 a gallon and the sun shines even in October. I learned that in order to see the true open road you must drive on highways that do not contain the word "interstate." I thought I had seen most of Texas in all its splendor. Let me tell you , you have not seen Americana until you pass through towns like Panna Maria, Texas--ghost towns that have no apparent economy but still 5 stoplights and 35mph speed limits.

It was nice to relax with good people on the beach.

The second leg? Not so relaxing but equally fun. Las Vegas! I absolutely love that place. Where else can you walk around the street at 6am with a beer in hand, laughing at the joggers?

We went with my parents and my cousin and his wife who we get along with great. Jeremy lost his ass, but after an all-nighter I wound up breaking even. My birthday passed and I feel younger than I have in a while. I know I keep promising it, but maybe pictures later.....

No comments: