Wednesday, August 6, 2008

The other day

I am a recovering beauty products junkie. As such, I try hard to stay away from stores specializing in the art of beauty. I rarely allow myself to walk by the area at grocery stores unless I need something.

The other day Jeremy and I went to Best Buy, both in the mood to spend some of our hard-earned money. I personally wanted a Wii (they were out) and Jeremy actually needed quite a few things. After about 20 minutes and no game console to speak of, I decided to get out of there and go next door to Ulta, a beauty store mecca. Jeremy was to meet me over there as soon as he was finished with his purchases.

Big mistake! I had what turned out to be an unlimited amount of time of unsupervised shopping. I went for shampoo and conditioner and ended up spending an embarrassing amount of money. The real zinger is they packed my objects into a teeny-tiny bag, making me feel all the more guilty about my total.

I vow to never go into that store without my sister, who is my spending conscience.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm an Ulta junkie also but I do love my Wifi! And with all this shopping, you've posted 2 days in a row! You ROCK!