Thursday, August 21, 2008

Purple is the new Black

I have decided to train to run a 1/2 marathon for the Team in Training fundraiser the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society holds all over. 13.1 miles seems pretty steep right now, especially since currently I don't think I can run even 1/4 mile. It will be interesting! Thanks to all who voted about whether or not I should do it. 1 for yes and 1 for no.

I am sure all you in Blogville will hear about my ventures in running and if you are ever interested about my fundraising progress, you can visit
http://pages.teamintraining.org/ctx/pfchangs09/jbracken

As the days go by, hopefully this website will get cooler and cooler, that is if I am not too busy running.

Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh, Jill.

Please be careful!

Anonymous said...

Eric sez he's in for $100 too. You should ask Roone, preferably in person.

Anonymous said...

Good Luck! Team In Training is such an awesome organization!

wldtrky said...

Good Luck. I too have signed up for a half-marathon and I hadn't run more than a mile prior to this in a long time. I am in the same boat as you. I have been running now for three weeks and I think the progress is good. I have actually built up the nerve to try a 10k at the end of September just to gauge where I am.

Thank you for doing this. I would donate but I got my own funds to acquire. I will subscribe and follow along with you. I am confident that you will have the motivation to train and conquer your 13.1!!