Monday, November 17, 2008

Aint nothin' gonna break my stride....

.....I'm running and I can't stop now, oh no, I got to keep a movin'.

I can't remember who sings that song or any other lyrics that comprise it, but that's what I sang in my head on Saturday while running.

That's right, my friends, I'm back! My foot still aches, but no longer with crippling pain. It was nice to be back in the world of runners, especially on a brisk morning. I was a little nervous, but I did quite well. I just have to remember to take it easy, as I truly feel my injury is the result of over-training. I'll have to cut back to 3 or 4 days a week instead of the 5 I was sustaining.

Anyways, last week was jam-packed with fun. Jeremy turned 27 for the umpteenth time. Happy Birthday, Meat! We got a new refrigerator after weeks and weeks of urgent emails to our property manager. The compressor was making horrible sounds and we were sure all the groceries we got last week would spoil. They have in a way because I won't eat them--I have a food handler's certification and I cannot be certain those items were held at proper temperatures for a sustained period of time. Improper food handling is kind of my phobia. In order to get my certification, I took a course that spent 3 hours describing the diseases you can contract from food. That course caused me to have nightmares that I was eating raw ground beef for almost a year.

My room organization is going slowly but surely. I bought another dresser. Jeremy and I finally agreed on a couch to purchase, and it's lovely. The only problem is that our living room is three times longer than it is wide, so the couch is going to swallow it whole. But it's lovely.

The weather is beautiful but causing both Meat and Bert problems. Meat's of the perpetual runny nose variety and Bert's of the achy sinuses. It's nothing a little Claritin and netti-pot can't cure.

So, life is good here. I hope you are doing just as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A gift, for you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TY41o-iZStI