Tuesday, November 25, 2008

This is how I (casse)roll

As you may be aware, Thursday is Thanksgiving. I have two signature dishes for the day of thanks...corn casserole and pecan pie (mine is special because it lacks corn syrup, which is terrible for one's digestive system). So this evening I baked the two while simultaneously mopping my kitchen floor.

This will be my last post for the week. I have a busy one! Tomorrow, I work at 6am (it's way past my bedtime), then I drive to San Antonio. Tomorrow night, we are having a birthday dinner for both Jeremy and his mother whose birthdays fall 4 days apart.

Thursday morning I wake up early to run the San Antonio Turkey Trot, go back to help cook lunch, eat lunch, drive back to Austin, tailgate, attend the UT football game, then go have beers with our friends in town from Orlando. I am tired just thinking of all this activity.

Then on Friday, we drive to Dallas for my step-cousin's Bat Mitzvah. There are events from dinner Friday to brunch Sunday. We then drive back to Austin because I have to work Sunday night.

I hope you and yours have a great holiday. Don't eat too much and give thanks to the wonderful things in your life.

No comments: