Monday, November 24, 2008

Off Topic

As some of you may know, Jeremy and I (emphasis on the I part) agreed to start a blog that allowed us to air our pet peeves of the world. We were becoming tired of complaining to one another and wanted a new audience. Thus, Meatbert was born!

The reality of our blog is that I have taken it over with my jog blogs and goofy stories. Jeremy actually only checks it every 3 weeks. He apparently is not a big fan. Maybe he just doesn't have much to complain about lately....but let's get real.

I have noticed something that has been bugging the daylights out of me. Here is the deal--if you own a big, giant, gas guzzling car, LEARN TO DRIVE IT!

I first noticed this phenomenon last week at Target. I was walking back to my car with the cart when I encountered a brand new Lincoln Navigator that had to make a six point turn to get out of the spot. This bugged me for several reasons...1. My Target just opened in October and the parking lot was designed for all the suburbanites with larger cars that live in my neighborhood. By this I mean the spaces are roomy with large aisles for one's reversing pleasure. 2. It is my understanding that newer, bigger SUVs are designed to drive like a car, with good turning radii and brake ability. 3. I had to stop and wait several minutes for the six point turn. Really, it was amazing that the driver didn't know to turn the steering wheel when backing up. 4. The Lincoln Navigator's new ad campaign boasts spaceship like abilities. Let's get real. I could have pushed that SUV out of that spot with the emergency brake on faster than that douche bag drove out of it.

Ever since that day, I have noticed this kind of behavior all over the city. I drive a small car that I love and I refuse to be bullied by a soccer mom trying to drive her big car while simultaneously talking on her cell phone and feeding her children (who are probably spoiled brats).

So, for those of you out there who fit my description, learn to drive!

No comments: