Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas Hangover

After all my denial that the holiday season was here once again, Christmas is now over. Every year I complain that holiday music seeps into our lives way too early, I laugh at those getting an early start, and save my shopping for the very last minute. The result is on December 26th, I rue that I did not savor the season enough.

This is the first year that I had money left over (in fact I even got paid today). This is also the first year the holiday activities forced me into a mini-coma. I was so exhausted from the past week of fitting in parties, work, shopping and cooking that I fell asleep last night at 7:30 and did not get up until 9 this morning. I felt great until I walked downstairs and saw my living room looking like Christmas threw up on it. So now I must clean. I hope you are having a great holiday week so far!

No comments: