Saturday, January 31, 2009

John Wayne is a wuss!

Does anyone else feel that all John Wayne movies are the same? Mr. Wayne always bosses people around, throws in a good quip here and there, and eventually triumphs over evil. Sometimes he messes people up, other times he bullies his subordinates into doing so for him.

Jeremy's dad believes that John Wayne hung the moon and can't understand why a "yankee" like myself cannot come to appreciate The Duke's awesomeness and the cinematic genius (his words, not mine) of the movies in which he acted. I once told Mr. Dad that I thought Mr. Wayne was a wuss. I once almost got disowned from the in-laws.

Anyways, I bring this up because we are watching the end of The Searchers. Jeremy wants me to watch the whole movie, but I feel I can get the gist by the last 30 minutes. I made my case and he agreed. Is it possible he is a closet Duke hater as well?

No comments: