Tuesday, February 3, 2009

My Day

Today I had to run errands for work. Stupid, boring errands. One of my trips included a stop at the Home Depot plumbing section. If you know anything about me, you know that I am always less than impressed by Home Depot's "customer service." It has been my experience that once you can actually find someone in an orange apron, nine times out of ten they have no freakin' clue what they are talking about.

This time I had a plan...I was equipped with the proper lingo and a loose idea of what I needed. Hell, I even had measurements and past experiences with which to reference. I planned on leaving Home Depot victorious and maybe a little more learned about the nuts and bolts (or rather PVC pipes and elbows) about plumbing.

Sadly, I ran into the mother of all misogynists. He kindly smirked at me while talking and then sent me to a product so stupid it made my head want to explode. I patiently explained again what I needed and why his suggestion would not work--I mean, was he even listening to me--and he sent me on my way telling me he could not help. SAY WHAT?

I ended my visit in the electronics area and started talking to the dude there. He was quite helpful and recommended a plumbing supply shop just across the way that would have more know-how on how to fix my problem. I got the feeling he secretly agreed with my anti-Home Depot sentiment but that he really needed to pay the bills.

So, I am off tomorrow to once again experience what it was to be a woman in the 1960's. Thanks to all you feminists who have allowed me equal footing in most places today!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is this the guy posting, or the girl. Context I'd crucial to this post.

Anonymous said...

?? Question mark omitted, sorry.

Anonymous said...

And misspelled, posting from a phone is hard. I apologize.

Anonymous said...

Who in the world is this Patrick guy?? I would say the "misoggynist" reference would be a pretty strong indication of blog-gender.