Saturday, February 14, 2009

Update

This is the first Saturday since August that I have not had to get up early. It's been nice, but I must find a way to fill my mornings now. No running? What is a girl to do?

As you may remember, I went last Saturday to buy a washer/dryer. It was kind of an urgent situation as my current washer was on its last leg. Fortunately, I found a nice new pair. Unfortunately, my washer broke that same day and I was forced to visit the laundromat this week--my new ones don't come in until Thursday. What is it about laundromats? Do they offer a discount if you bring screaming children? If the answer is yes, do you have a screaming child I can borrow? I did witness a laundromat love connection: A single lady and single dude came in with their daughters who instantly became friends. They seemed to be into each other. When it was time for the dude to leave, the lady rushed over and used a playdate as a ploy to get the dude's digits. As far as I can tell, they are together this morning, sipping coffee and daydreaming about their future life together--they are thinking to themselves that their new family would be perfect given their daughters became such quick friends. Happy Valentine's to them and Mazel Tov!

So looking forward to this weekend: I have an inspirational lunch to attend, a race number to retrieve, and on Sunday, 13.1 miles to run. I wish chocolate candies housed in red hearts and roses to everyone (not me though, I hate Valentine's day)!

1 comment:

Hannah said...

Hi!

I hope you have a spare moment to check out my brand new Love Suck Song... it's a punkrock/showtune hybrid and is the largest all-lady youtube collaboration ever!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Emdf2vO-rAQ

xo,
H