Saturday, February 7, 2009

Saturday, in the Park....

Today marked the last Saturday morning run for a while, at least until I join a running group. It was kind of sad. What's always funny about the last of anything is how many people show up for it. Usually Saturday mornings only host about 20 people. This morning, however, there were people whom I had never seen before. I was all like, What? You're on my team? Where the hell have you been? Not really, I don't care that much. I'm just ready for my 1/2 marathon next Sunday.

I do have quite a Saturday to face: I found my freshman year roommate (or at least 1/2 my freshman year. She got kicked out of the dorm a la Michael Phelps) through Facebook. She lives in Ecuador and just happened to land in Austin the day we became "friends." We will lunch along with her husband (Jeremy refuses to go). Then, I will buy a washer and dryer and hang out with my sister, not necessarily in that order. It's possible I will multi-task and do them at the same time. You see, I have not seen my sister in over a month, yet she lives three miles from me and if I don't buy a washer soon I will probably run out of clean laundry. I then plan to go to bed early as I am already POOPED and it is not yet 10am.

I hope your Saturday is as great as I am hoping mine to be!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I haven't seen you in a month and we're going washer shopping? Fine, then I'm totally dragging your ass to the garden center.