Friday, February 20, 2009

Dry me a river

Yesterday, I finally got the much anticipated washer and dryer. They are beautiful and currently the most valuable items I own. As soon as the delivery dude left I started attacking my laundry. With our old pair, it would take a long time to dry clothes. It once took me 8 hours for 3 loads, so I was pretty excited to compare the dry time. About midway through the very first load I opened the dryer to gauge progress and noticed that it smelled quite pepperminty in there. I then noticed what looked like tread marks on the dryer. Backtrack for a minute...remember when I washed my ipod? I am not so much with the laundry.

What I found in my dryer was GUM!!!!!! So basically I spent hundreds of dollars on a piece of equipment that will never not have gum stuck in it. From what I can gather, an unopened piece made it past my vigilant pocket emptying process. I wanted to cry. I still do.

On the bright side, that load of laundry smells delicious.

No comments: