Friday, September 19, 2008

Butterflies

I went to San Antonio on Wednesday to see a middle school football game. It was hilarious! Driving in to the city, I started to see lots of monarch butterflies. They were distracting. I would look at one and think how beautiful it was until smack! I hit it with my windshield. This kept happening and it was making me uneasy. The further into the city I went, the more butterflies were around for me to accidentally murder.

It turns out that monarch butterflies are migratory. They spend the winters in Mexico and the summers in San Antonio (not really but you wouldn't know it by how many were flying around). I guess with the first sign of it cooling down they high tail it out of the country.

This is my teaching lesson to you. If you too love butterflies, then stay away from San Antonio for the next couple of days so you don't kill 100 like me. But maybe you should go because it is sort of magical to see them fly around, ready for winter vacation.

No comments: