Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The Circle of Life

The other morning I had to arrive at work before the sun was up. When I pulled into my parking spot, something moving caught my eye. I thought it may be a possum or a raccoon, but it was the legend of the live armadillo, which in Texas is an oxymoron. In fact, I have lived in this state for 27 years and cannot remember ever seeing one. I scrambled for my phone to take a picture, but I was too late. Oh well.

This morning I was driving near my work and noticed something dead in the road. As you can probably guess, it was an armadillo, on its back with all four legs sticking straight up. I can't help but wonder if it is the same one I saw on Monday. I can only assume since armadillos are not the smartest of animals, there aren't very many of them left in the world. Whether the same or not, we can all mourn the loss of one less animal on our planet. RIP, Armie.

No comments: